Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
181 - 200 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL-Premuim 2.5Turbo AWD
265 Posts
The thing that drives me nuts is the automatic headlights. Bright, sunny day drive under a overpass on the expressway and the frighten things turn on. Takes literally 1.5 seconds to go under, they turn on, but takes 20 seconds to turn off. Should be adjustable like windshield wipers. My 2018 J Cherokee has auto headlights, don’t have this issue…. First world problem..🤣

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD
166 Posts
No armrest in back seats and all of the piano black, other then that love it.
For the life of me I don't understand why auto manufacturers still use piano black as much as they do. Sure it looks great initially, and while it's clean, but get some years on it and you are bound to pick up some scratches and it only stays clean for 30 seconds before every single piece of dust known to man finds its way onto the piano black :D

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
189 Posts
Does the Santa Cruz have a low fuel alarm? Ran mine down to 41 miles left, didn't see any light or notification. How far to empty have others gone?
Analog dash does it at like 30 miles? Maybe 40? I don't remember. It's only happened twice in the last 3.5 months.

·
Registered
153 Posts
The thing that drives me nuts is the automatic headlights. Bright, sunny day drive under a overpass on the expressway and the frighten things turn on. Takes literally 1.5 seconds to go under, they turn on, but takes 20 seconds to turn off. Should be adjustable like windshield wipers. My 2018 J Cherokee has auto headlights, don’t have this issue…. First world problem..🤣
The settings have an adjustment for sensitivity. Might help make it work how you want.

·
Registered
154 Posts
One minor annoyance is adjusting the cruise control speed.
When I bump the toggle down to reduce speed, much (but not all) of the time it goes UP, then when I bump again I can get it to go down. How dumb is that?! and what's with its inconsistency... can't figure out what that pattern might be.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD with Activity Package in Hampton Gray
58 Posts
For me I was a bit frustrated that no place in the Owner's Manual does it cover the control of the heated mirrors.

From using this forum I found out that the heated mirrors will come on when the rear window defrost is selected ON.

Thank Santa Cruz forums for this answer...

·
Registered
189 Posts
The lower models use the car horn when you lock it.....This is loud enough to scare the bejesus outta you... So I turned it off
Other than that...No complaint that couldn't be fixed by buying up on models :) ...
Well except for the hesitation that happens at the worse time :)
I think that's the only thing I've just turned "off". I got tired of my kid yelling every time I locked the truck. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL AWD
166 Posts
Now that I have driven mine more I have a little gripe that is probably mostly unique to me. I find that the gas and brake pedals are too close to each other. My size 14 shoe often rubs the side of the brake pedal when I'm giving it gas. I tend to hold my foot at a slight angle when driving like I always have. I haven't had this issue on any other vehicle I've owned, including my previous 2 Sonatas. It's surprising how close the pedals are to each other. You would think it was a race car setup for heel/toe shifting :D I'm sure I'll get accustomed to it and adjust to it, but it's a little annoying.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
543 Posts
My size 12's have a similar problem. I also hav ed my foot angled. Sometimes I will be stopped with my foot on the brake, but will also clip the accelerator at the same time, revving the engine. Auto Hold helps because I can keep my foot off the brake.

·
Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
301 Posts
Small annoyance, but one that I improved (IMO). Exposed plain bolt heads that fasten the seat track feet to the floor pan. I thought they looked ugly, unfinished and cheap. So, I changed them to black painted socket head bolts with complimentary washers and hex cap covers.

Bolts: Socket Head - M10x1.25x35; Bolt Socket Head 12.9 Black M10X1.25 Fine DIN 912
Washers: M10;
Aluminum Button Inserts: Aluminum Button Insert M10

As an alternative, I also looked for factory Hyundai seat track foot covers (plastic) on other Hyundai models that might fit, as plastic covers would have been my preference. However the SC and the Tucson are the only Hyundai models that use this type of foot….and both models have these ugly exposed bolts.

So, I dressed them up some. I used steel bolts of a similar strength, so the seat mounting would retain its intended strength in the event of a vehicle crash.

This is what I saw every time I got in.
Luggage and bags Wood Bag Automotive design Auto part

This is what I see now:
White Automotive tire Grey Font Rectangle

Closer:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Grey Automotive exterior

Hood Textile Sleeve Grey Style

It’s a little better to my eyes. 🙂

·
Registered
66 Posts
Small annoyance, but one that I improved (IMO). Exposed plain bolts that fasten the seat track feet to the floor pan. I changed them to black painted socket head bolts with complimentary washers and hex cap covers.

Bolts: Socket Head Bolts - M10x1.25x35; Bolt Socket Head 12.9 Black M10X1.25 Fine DIN 912
Washers: M10;
Aluminum Button Inserts: Aluminum Button Insert M10

As an alternative, I also looked for factory Hyundai seat track foot covers (plastic) on other Hyundai models that might fit, as plastic covers would have been my preference. However the SC and the Tucson are the only Hyundai models that use this type of foot….and both models have these ugly exposed bolts.

So, I dressed them up some. I used steel bolts of a similar strength, so the seat mounting would retain its strength in the event of a vehicle crash.

This is what I saw every time I got in.
View attachment 12948

This is what I see now:
View attachment 12949
Closer:
View attachment 12950
View attachment 12951
It’s a little better to my eyes. 🙂
looks great, I would do that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I finally found something else that annoys me. I went to look for something in the brunk last night. The cargo lamp turns on, but you can't see anything in the brunk!

Is this going to make me go sell my SC? No... :)

·
Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
305 Posts
I finally found something else that annoys me. I went to look for something in the brunk last night. The cargo lamp turns on, but you can't see anything in the brunk!
You can buy a small LED motion light on amazon, put a lithium battery in it, some double sided tape and it will last a long time. Light goes on for about 10 seconds with motion. I put one in my glove box 👍
Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

181 - 200 of 235 Posts