Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
201 - 220 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
189 Posts
You can buy a small LED motion light on amazon, put a lithium battery in it, some double sided tape and it will last a long time. Light goes on for about 10 seconds with motion. I put one in my glove box 👍
Nice to know that great minds think alike? I was trying to decide between a motion light and something with a switch, that would turn off/on based on whether or not it's pressed down. Same idea as the light in the fridge.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ice white
12 Posts
The lower models use the car horn when you lock it.....This is loud enough to scare the bejesus outta you... So I turned it off
Other than that...No complaint that couldn't be fixed by buying up on models :) ...
Well except for the hesitation that happens at the worse time :)
My horn only sounds if I hit the lock button twice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the life of me I don't understand why auto manufacturers still use piano black as much as they do. Sure it looks great initially, and while it's clean, but get some years on it and you are bound to pick up some scratches and it only stays clean for 30 seconds before every single piece of dust known to man finds its way onto the piano black :D
Agree! MUCH prefer grey or tan interior. Cheap plastic gonna get scratched but dust is not so obvious. I know my wife agrees with me on that, so that rearlly says something 😂. She has a sign in the kitchen that says, “I would agree with you, but then we‘d both be wrong.”

·
Registered
154 Posts
minor annoyance that's been really bugging me is using the GPS - why, oh why, doesn't it tell you when you've "reached your destination" whether it's on the right or the left?! my Garmin units never had a problem with that. Makes a difference when you're on a multi-lane road and need to know which lane you should be in!

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
666 Posts
Small annoyance, but one that I improved (IMO). Exposed plain bolt heads that fasten the seat track feet to the floor pan. I thought they looked ugly, unfinished and cheap. So, I changed them to black painted socket head bolts with complimentary washers and hex cap covers.

Bolts: Socket Head - M10x1.25x35; Bolt Socket Head 12.9 Black M10X1.25 Fine DIN 912
Washers: M10;
Aluminum Button Inserts: Aluminum Button Insert M10

As an alternative, I also looked for factory Hyundai seat track foot covers (plastic) on other Hyundai models that might fit, as plastic covers would have been my preference. However the SC and the Tucson are the only Hyundai models that use this type of foot….and both models have these ugly exposed bolts.

So, I dressed them up some. I used steel bolts of a similar strength, so the seat mounting would retain its intended strength in the event of a vehicle crash.

This is what I saw every time I got in.
View attachment 12948

This is what I see now:
View attachment 12949
Closer:
View attachment 12950
View attachment 12951
It’s a little better to my eyes. 🙂
Now that is OCD to the extreme.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited
14 Posts
I hate that the radio turns off immediately when you turn off the engine. Totally ruins those times when you pull into the garage, kill the engine but want to finish listening to a song before you get out. My X3 leaves the radio on until you open the door.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,180 Posts
I hate that the radio turns off immediately when you turn off the engine. Totally ruins those times when you pull into the garage, kill the engine but want to finish listening to a song before you get out. My X3 leaves the radio on until you open the door.
Must be upper models...Mine stays on until I open the door...Mine is an SE

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Must be on lower models, Ultimate trim, radio stays on till I open the door - haven’t personally looked at the settings or manull on this - but perhaps you can change the settings

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD with Activity Package in Hampton Gray
58 Posts
Must be on lower models, Ultimate trim, radio stays on till I open the door - haven’t personally looked at the settings or manull on this - but perhaps you can change the settings
As I said in my post above your post. My SEL has the setting that allows you the choice as shown in the picture from @rriddell116 above my post.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Awd Activity package package N/A
80 Posts
Mine also stays on till I open the door
, SEL AWD with activity package. And if I still want to hear the radio I tap the start button and puts it on accessories.

201 - 220 of 235 Posts