Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
221 - 235 of 235 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
189 Posts
So, this one annoys my kid more than me.

It keeps reminding me to check rear seats. I ask the kid if he's still back there. He says "yeah..."

Then he gets mad when I don't immediately go let him out of his seat. It's almost like the truck was trying to tell me something???? ❓

·
Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
301 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE NA-FWD In Idaho
1,180 Posts
I've mentioned this before...But on the SE and maybe other trims.... The sound that you'd locked your Truck is the horn and that dang thing loud....I mean LOUD scared the Bejesus out of my wife when I first got it and she was walking around in front and I FOB locked it and the Horn went off.... So yes I've turned that off... :)

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Ok, I’m being OCD again! Did not like the flimsy clear plastic cheap glovebox wallet that the SC manual came in for storage. So, I bought this on Ebay (this seller has many for sale) and all the manuals that comes with the SC, fits in here. To me this is easier to use and access.
I like that, they had to clarify “no owners manual” are included.
I’ve put away the owners manual in the cabinet, above my fridge. Down loaded the manual to the cloud and access via, iPhone, iPad and MacBook and PC - the glove box thanks me. 😁

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
189 Posts
I've mentioned this before...But on the SE and maybe other trims.... The sound that you'd locked your Truck is the horn and that dang thing loud....I mean LOUD scared the Bejesus out of my wife when I first got it and she was walking around in front and I FOB locked it and the Horn went off.... So yes I've turned that off... :)
I disabled that. It kept making people jump....

·
Registered
4 Posts
The fact that I have no BlueLink at my home or town. Might get the signal traveling. Complained and complained. Hyundai needs to make company that purchased Bluelink to install a software update for everybody to have that service available. Paid for it…

·
Registered
12 Posts
The fact that I have no BlueLink at my home or town. Might get the signal traveling. Complained and complained. Hyundai needs to make company that purchased Bluelink to install a software update for everybody to have that service available. Paid for it…
What carrier does BlueLink currently run on? If that carrier sucks where you are not sure what more they can do about it. Thought I heard it was Verizon but I really don't know.

·
Registered
22 SC Limited • Hampton Gray
301 Posts
I read it was Verizon, but I’m not sure either. But another question…if the poster has no Verizon service…do they have any cellular service at all, from any carrier?

·
Registered
4 Posts
What are your little annoyances with your Santa Cruz?
Mine:
The loud buzzer when you step out of the car with your fob/keys while it’s running.
The wonky steering that seems like it grabs the double yellow line in a curve giving me a thrill!
Hyundai giving Sirius Radio your email address without consent (emails daily, junk mail weekly)
I found out if I press the lock button twice when locking actually unlocks the car (my prior car, 1 press locked, 2 presses set alarm)

All of which are just minor annoyances that I’ll learn to live with or find how to disable.
The seats are hard as **** and the fabric that is used in the seat doesn’t not feel good against your skin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The seats are hard as **** and the fabric that is used in the seat doesn’t not feel good against your skin.
For those who have dogs, how much fur do the cloth seats retain? Some car fabric holds onto dog fur like crazy but it looked to me like dog fur would be relatively easy to clean off. Wife wants leather due to dog fur but not sure that's a good enough reason to spend another $4K over the SEL Premium...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another trip to dealership concerning Bluelink. Couldn’t get vehicle to do navigation update. Well, dealership couldn’t either, after several hours trying! Sent me home to call Hyundai customer service to see about update. I know how this ends, like the numerous calls before. Nothing. Hyundai and bluelink know there’s a problem with this service. They just don’t care about owners experiencing problems one iota. I’ve had problems since day one. Dealership, Hyundai and Bluelink fail to fix it. Wonder if anybody at companies know how to fix the problems?

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL AWD with Activity Package in Hampton Gray
58 Posts
Keep in mind I live in the Phoenix, AZ area and I use the Max AC setting (which recirculates cabin air) almost all the time in Summer.

On every start the logic resets the air delivery to the upper vents when Max AC is active on that start.

I wish the Max AC selection wouldn’t default to air only coming out of the upper air vents on startups. I would like it to just leave it at my last selection which is usually the bi-level selection.

When the fan runs at Max with recirculate and all the air comes out of the upper vents the rush of air is too loud.

I know Hyundai believes they are doing me a favor to deliver all the air on my upper body but I like to hear music more than air blasting and the bi-level setting is better for that. Also I believe that Bi-level also cools the cabin very efficiently and quickly.

221 - 235 of 235 Posts