Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's officially Hampton Gray, but half the time it looks green. My wife always says I'm color blind, but the other day she finally admitted it looks green in some light.

Does your Hampton sometimes make you think you got Sage instead?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's officially Hampton Gray, but half the time it looks green. My wife always says I'm color blind, but the other day she finally admitted it looks green in some light.

Its funny. I felt this way about the Mojave Sand when I saw it online. Every image, illustration or picture of it... it always looked different. :p

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems like under blue skies the Hampton Gray reflects enough sky to take on that greenish hue.

All in all, I think it's a kinda muddy color, but it is weird how it goes from dove gray to medium gray to jade green, depending on the light!

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
286 Posts

Sometimes it looks gray. Other times it has a bluish hue and other times it has an olive green tint to it.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
I thought the colour shifting paints was one of the coolest parts of the palette. Can confirm the sage turns absolutely colourless grey in the evening. Fried my brain cell first time I saw it.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz - Searching...
96 Posts
I was finally able to see each of my colors of interest together in one place. Nice after only seeing pictures, which as everyone points out do not appears as they do in reality. The Sage Grey has always been the one I thought I wanted. However, the Hampton has now piqued my interest. Now, if I can just find a Limited in the right color. For some asinine reason, the Factory seems to think that Black and White Limited are all they want to send this direction.

Wheel Car Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Cloud Tire Sky

Wheel Car Tire Cloud Sky

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was finally able to see each of my colors of interest together in one place. Nice after only seeing pictures, which as everyone points out do not appears as they do in reality. The Sage Grey has always been the one I thought I wanted. However, the Hampton has now piqued my interest. Now, if I can just find a Limited in the right color. For some asinine reason, the Factory seems to think that Black and White Limited are all they want to send this direction.

View attachment 4522
View attachment 4521
View attachment 4520
Your right in that I've only seen the colors on line and it's hard to tell, so is this top to bottom, sage, gray and blue?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts