Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,816 Posts
Sand rigs in the Southwest Desert use whips. First time I’ve ever seen them on a street vehicle let alone a SC. Neutral on this end!
Agree. These LED whips are not used on the street. You will see in THIS THREAD that they are actually setup for "quick-release" canopy posts with lighting for camping.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,816 Posts
Just noticed your question within the post quote.

"Can I get a link to buy one of those baskets?"

IIRC the Rola Roof Basket was bought from Walmart online

I liked it over the others because it is symmetrical and when mounted sideways it matches the SC body lines nicely. There are lighter ones made of aluminum out there, but they can get expensive in comparison to this steel one.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
517 Posts
Today I took my SC and got some sand bags. Last night we had the heaviest rainfall at home since we moved there in 1996. I don't know the actual amount of rain because no one has a rain gauge in our town that is online. We have had rain here almost everyday here for a couple of weeks and the ground is saturated.
For the first time ever, water reached my garage door. That has never happened before. Water and mud flowed against the crawlspace door where I access my furnace. After digging it out this morning, not much water got under the house as the mud sealed the door. I plan on putting sandbags against the crawlspace door until winter.The first picture shows the water up against the house and the garage at the top of the picture. The next picture was taken this morning after the water had receded. Fortunately, very little water came under the garage door, but the water flowing between the house and the garage got high enough to enter between the base board and the foundation.
Plant Water Road surface Flowerpot Sky

Plant Property Sky Leaf Road surface

This picture shows the backyard at the height of the rain. We also had hail and a lot of lightning. There is a new sporting goods store that just opened last month across the highway from me. They had flooding in to the new building.
Water Plant Tree Road surface Asphalt

Reactions: Big Country

·
Registered
56 Posts
How easy was it to cut out for the Bill Rings? I saw their router bit and also remarks for using a razor blade. What did you use for the success?
How easy was it to cut out for the Bill Rings? I saw their router bit and also remarks for using a razor blade. What did you use for the success?
I used an Oscillating Tool and Utility knife. Installed all 4 in about 30 minutes.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

161 - 180 of 185 Posts