Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
680 Posts
I've been debating whether to get the OEM bed extender cage, but thanks to your post I made up my mind

I worried that it'll be something that hinder the use of the brunk, but lately after more than a months ownership, I found myself rarely even use the brunk so that's no issue, so going to order mine

·
Registered
Limited
180 Posts
I find the bed cage more helpful than the brunk.

The bed cage is also simple to remove to get to the brunk. It's not that big of a hideous at all.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I find the bed cage more helpful than the brunk.

The bed cage is also simple to remove to get to the brunk. It's not that big of a hideous at all.
Agreed. It is a very useful accessory. I really helps to keep things in place when it's in the bed, and gives you the extra space when you extend it over the tailgate. And like you said, it's extremely easy to remove it when you need to. If you didn't get it with the truck from the factory, it's worth looking into buy one aftermarket.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Agreed. It is a very useful accessory. I really helps to keep things in place when it's in the bed, and gives you the extra space when you extend it over the tailgate. And like you said, it's extremely easy to remove it when you need to. If you didn't get it with the truck from the factory, it's worth looking into buy one aftermarket.
So the bed extender can be fully removed easily enough? I thought I had read you can pop it out, but I was looking at the install guide and it mentions you need hardware and tools.

·
Registered
SEL Premium Hampton Grey
35 Posts
So the bed extender can be fully removed easily enough? I thought I had read you can pop it out, but I was looking at the install guide and it mentions you need hardware and tools.
You can remove the bed extender with one person. Just need to tilt it up and pull out.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ok that's what I thought. I'm looking for the install instructions and I think the bolts they were referring to is you need to install the pivot bracket which obviously you can leave in when not using the bed extender.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Plasti Dipped the satin chrome piece under the grille black. It's kind of an experiment, but it actually turned out quite well and matches up with the existing matte black trim up front. If it holds up, great. If it doesn't, I'll look into either getting it wrapped or painted. But for a single $6 can and a few hours of my time, I'm willing to see how long this lasts.

Next step is to see about plasti dippinging the emblem on the grill and maybe the chrome wings above the headlights on each side of the grille. Doing the entire grille just seems like it's going to be too much of task to tackle.

Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Plant Vehicle Car

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had my windows tinted. 15% front windows, and added 50% to the back windows so they match the front. I also did 15% in the rear bed window so it all matches. Next up will be blacking out the wheels. I haven't given it a name yet. Thinking maybe Blade or Black Widow. Want to add just a touch of red accents to it. It's a work in progress.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is your vehicle ceramic coated?
No, at least not yet. I'm considering it. However, as soon as I bought the SC, I gave it a good wash and applied Jay Leno's Garage Radiant Ceramic Sealant. I've since reapplied a couple additional coats since then, and also follow up with their Quick Detailer. There are a million different products out there, but I've been using these since we bought our Santa Fe last year with really good results.

Wasn't expecting much with a black vehicle, but so far, no swirls or scratches and the SC simply sparkles and sheds water like no business.

Brown Tire Wheel Liquid Automotive tire

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
De-badged the 2.5 turbo and htrac badges from my SC. Gives it auch cleaner profile in the back.

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Grille Car
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity
1,021 Posts
Nice! Did the same the minute I got it home. Always easier to remove these stick-ons when it's new. (y)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Taking a Long family drive up to a Ski Resort and back....I need to get the girls out of the house they are starting to get Cabin Fever with all this Covid crap.
Will check MPG (2-Lane/Mountain winding roads mostly) and I'll give a report back on how it did,

Ceramic coating... The Dealer whacked me on this..and they don't seem to be in a hurry to get it done.... But I watched Project Farm on youtube and he rated the Turtlewax Hybrid Ceramic coating as the best for the price..$15.95 So I did my wife's Buick Envision last weekend... I'll probably do this to the Cruz once the weather permits..Rainy for a week now...Pacific Northwest LOL

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Plasti-dipped my Hyundai Logo on the grill (SEL Premium). Far from perfect, but I'll leave it for now and see how I like it. I think it would look best with a totally blacked out grill. Just not sure I have the patience to tape it all off to do it.

Automotive parking light Car Plant Land vehicle Vehicle

1 - 20 of 29 Posts