Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
Hampton Grey Limited
284 Posts
I too helped drive my mom around and she has a similar walker. I can fold it and lay it flat under the tonneau cover if I removed the support bar that sticks straight up at 90 degrees when folded. ( a simple thing to do) Definitely looking into the side steps as she is 4'10" and struggles a little getting in, but she loves riding in the SC.

·
Premium Member
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz Limited AWD 2.5L Turbo
135 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SE FWD
908 Posts
Building a Pull up bar for my daughter(I call it a pull-up bar... ) Well anyway bought 2- 2 3/8x 8 Chain link poles Took them home with no problem and then went to a different store for the cross bar(Chain link top bar powered coated black) 1 5/8 x 10' Now this one was long.. I had planned to cut in half since I only needed 48" at the max but my old Ni-cad Saw-all wasn't up to it in Lowes parking lot so I bunged it in closer to center of the bed so it wouldn't be stick out the side 6ft :oops: Came home just fine... Still plenty of truck for me :) If I need more I'll pay for delivery or rent a Uhaul gas guzzler.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Pulled my boat for the first time
What kind of mileage did you get towing? What was your previous tow vehicle? Love to get some detailed real world towing reports. We got plenty of YT reviews but just one or two where they actually tow something.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I drove 200 miles towing my boat. I got 13.1 mpg at 70mph.. I have the limited 2.5 turbo. My boat weights about 2,000#. Power is no problem for the santa cruz towing. Was also a windy day 25mph wind..
Kind of lower then I expected, I was expecting more around 15, but as you mentioned it was windy. Do you tow in hilly areas? My Dakota gets 11 now in flat FL and MPG is the main reason I'm looking to replace it. However I can see between 10 and 13 just because of wind and/or my average speed which is normally closer to 65. I too tow about 200 miles a weekend.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
My Dakota gets 11 now in flat FL and MPG is the main reason I'm looking to replace it. However I can see between 10 and 13 just because of wind and/or my average speed which is normally closer to 65. I too tow about 200 miles a weekend.
Shoot, my Dak R/T didn't get much better than 12 without towing anything! Still amazes me that the SC is every bit as fast as a stock Dak R/T, gets way better mileage and has nicer amenities.

81 - 100 of 125 Posts