Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limited, Sage Gray
63 Posts
Very cool! Any problems/ concerns so far?
Problems with towing specifically?
None, I've been racing this year and counting races + normal track days I've probably towed to about 15 events in 2022 so far.

No issues thus far with towing, however my trailer and bike combined weight is very low all things considered (around 800 lbs).

Only issue so far is the ****ty gas milage but that seems to be par for the course with the SC.

Main concern is if I wanted to tow a travel trailer, I'd have to swap out the harness for the 8 pin Kia harness and install a brake controller. For the flat 4 pin connector it works perfect.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've got a 22.5' pontoon boat that I launched this spring with my 2006 Ford Ranger. I will be pulling it out this fall with my 2022 SC Limited (that replaced the Ranger), and am nervous as **** just thinking about it. It's a steep launch ramp, and an even steeper hill down to my house. Oh well, I guess that's why we buy insurance. But I did tell the guy I sold the Ranger to that he had to be on call when I tried pulling my boat out with the Cruz, just in case.

·
Registered
2022 SE AWD - Phantom Black
131 Posts
So far? Nothing. I have a little 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer. It's rigged to carry kayaks. I'll probably pull it somewhere around July 1st to go pickup the two new kayaks I ordered to replace the old, scratched up, ugly little ones that I sold yesterday.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A small teardrop trailer that we purchased in May. It weighs around 1700 lbs as pictured. Have towed it around 1100 miles total. No issues with power at ( I have the 2.5L Turbo). The hitch rig is the Hyundai factory one. The trailer has electric brakes, so I have a Curt brake controller. The ball hitch is an Anderson. Mileage towing falls from 28 to 17.

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ugh! Mine didn’t come with a tow hitch.. Any recommendation on where to get it done outside of a dealer since I’m 2 hours away from the nearest one. 😩
Most U-HAUL dealers will install a hitch. I have heard wilding varying stories about this experience.

I went to an Auto Accessories store that installs things like remote starters. This particular store also put a hitch on my old Honda CR-V, and my wife's Honda HR-V. He actually ordered the hyundai factory hitch.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts