Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So is this the grill and such or what?

In the videos of them rolling off of the production line, the grill looked like a lot shinier bright Chrome.

I really don't like it and am certain some of the Limited Units seemed to have a darker chrome.

Anyone understand what this mean?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Yes it appears to be referencing one of two finishes available on the front grille. One is dark chrome (as shown above) and the other is silver chrome. What is confusing is all the pictures on Hyundai's website (so far) only show the dark option.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This alone makes it almost a Limited or no buy for me. Price better stay mid 30s without the roof racks and hitch.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Either that or I'd be buying the other chrome aftermarket from a dealer. I hate silver chrome personally. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it appears to be referencing one of two finishes available on the front grille. One is dark chrome (as shown above) and the other is silver chrome. What is confusing is all the pictures on Hyundai's website (so far) only show the dark option.

This is what I could find from the video.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
304 Posts
The dark chrome will look like it does on the new Tucson ... and it looks great in person!

I think the silver chrome will look good with a couple of the colours, but the dark chrome looks sweet!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I don't think its a chrome like finish at all from what I could see, I think its just painted silver. Dark chrome is like a chrome with a dark tint applied or a hyper glossy black paint. This emblem up close maybe shows the effect:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had not paid attention to just how much of this trim there is in the front until I looked at that silver picture above again. I completely missed that the whole border below the grille is also silver (or dark chrome).

It blends in with the press photos, looks sharp. Definitely another thing to put eyeballs on in person.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Hyundai blog picture shows the SEL, Premium and Limited all with Dark Chrome grilles. Then it says the Limited “…incorporates a one-of-a-kind exterior with dark chrome accents…” I take this to mean DC is an available option on other levels.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The Hyundai blog picture shows the SEL, Premium and Limited all with Dark Chrome grilles. Then it says the Limited “…incorporates a one-of-a-kind exterior with dark chrome accents…” I take this to mean DC is an available option on other levels.

If you go in to choose your trim, it has a disclaimer that the Limited is shown in the picture - regardless of which trim you choose. I doubt it will be optional - quite a few models have different grills depending on the trim level and I've never seen an option where you could change up the grill.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well, that is a bummer. I definitely do not want the Limited. The knobless screen, sunroof, additional nannies, and 20” wheels are all features I would not want if they were free.

Perhaps the aftermarket could help. A matte black wrap on the lower surround might improve the look of the silver grill.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well, that is a bummer. I definitely do not want the Limited. The knobless screen, sunroof, additional nannies, and 20” wheels are all features I would not want if they were free.

Perhaps the aftermarket could help. A matte black wrap on the lower surround might improve the look of the silver grill.
20" wheels should be optional on the Limited.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If I go with a lower trim I'm going to wrap the grill, at least the under-bar portion.

And yes the twenties are optional on the Limited

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
If you go in to choose your trim, it has a disclaimer that the Limited is shown in the picture - regardless of which trim you choose. I doubt it will be optional - quite a few models have different grills depending on the trim level and I've never seen an option where you could change up the grill.
It's time to update this in Canada and put up a real build site in the USA and PRICE IT! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Apologies if this was answered somewhere else, but did anyone figure out which trims are dark chrome?
Originally it was only the Limited, but they pulled that detail from the website. I hope like **** they made the SEL Premium have it too, but since the black chrome part number is made for radar, I doubt it. Chuck posted the part number somewhere, so if I get a SC, that ugly *ss silver will be getting replaced.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I'm not paying $46k for a color preference, that's for sure.
Its make or break for me. I am not buying a SC unless it somehow ends up with Black Chrome. Can't stand the silver. They didn't show a single car with it until production, and I was like wtf is that ugly pos. Thought it was a trick of the lighting. There is almost no other chrome to tie the silver into, and I think thats the issue. Dark Chrome blends, but the silver doesn't.

·
Registered
114 Posts
In one of Chuck's breakouts of what each trim level gets the 'Dark Chrome' was listed only on the Limited.... bummer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts