Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When test driving it, the handling felt great! However my experience has been limited to slow or big heavy vehicles such as a Tacoma, f150, Tundra, Nissan versa etc

Been considering either a practical sports car such as the Kia Stinger hatchback with the 3.3T or the Santa Cruz. Didn't get a chance to test drive both at their most potential due to salesmen being there lol

Is the SC handling decent by "sporty" car standards or is it just "cross over" like with nothing remarkable about it if you are used to true sport cars?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Is the SC handling decent by "sporty" car standards or is it just "cross over" like with nothing remarkable about it if you are used to true sport cars?
It‘s slightly above my Toyota SUV, in terms of handling…
only test drove the Ultimate with my daughter and no sales person in the car… straight line speed is good, not excellent, close to my Veloster turbo - on good day, mid 6s, 0-100km… handling/cornering, not even close… but I didn’t order it to corner on rails…
:cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got out of an Alfa Romeo Giulia and into a Santa Cruz. Absolutely no comparison, the SC is a sloth compared to the Giulia…but I knew that when I made the decision. The Santa Cruz handles decent for what it is, certainly better than a full size truck…but if you’re looking for handling comparable to a sport sedan, this ain’t it.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Physics means it will never handle like a sports car - but it sure does NOT handle like a truck! Compared to our old Journey, and our year old Equinox though ... it's as close to a sports car as I'm going to own any time soon! Sure does like to go fast if you touch the throttle! I was mainly impressed with how it handled washboard dirt roads. Just ate it up - my wife didn't even notice we were on it until I pointed it out.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
748 Posts
I was mainly impressed with how it handled washboard dirt roads. Just ate it up - my wife didn't even notice we were on it until I pointed it out.
this is how I feel too, the faster you go through washboard roads, the softer the suspension feels or more dampening is happening
on the other hand, I slow down for speed pumps and the shocks feel very stiff, pretty weird

1 - 9 of 9 Posts