Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven’t had a month to read the manuals for my limited. What new things have you discovered about your SC? Share so we can all enjoy.

- I love the voice control button for the tuner. No more searching for presets. Touch the little microphone or use the steering wheel talk button…although I sometimes get Siri instead and she doesn’t do tuner changes. “FM 98.5” and like magic it’s changed.

-The steering wheel volume button can be depressed to mute.

·
Registered
2022 SEL AWD * Non-Activity - SoCal
1,689 Posts
Got surprised by a repeated beeping warning at 37mph when approaching two cars slowing/stopped in front of me, while a third in front of them was parallel parking. I think it said something on the gauge cluster center screen, but I didn't catch it. It was clearly warning me that the cars in front of me were slowing and/or stopped, and I was approaching faster than it liked. Seemed a little premature to me, but the SEL windshield sensor obviously has a distance safety feature built in. Don't know if it would have applied the brakes automatically if I didn't do it manually?

Also setup all these items:
  • Steering wheel "STAR" button to reject call
  • Steering wheel "MODE" to XM Satellite radio
  • Console "STAR" to display home screen digital clock
  • Gauge cluster center screen to digital MPH
Still have a lot to learn...

·
Registered
2020 Kia Telluride/2014 Chevrolet SS
65 Posts
Touch the little microphone or use the steering wheel talk button…although I sometimes get Siri instead and she doesn’t do tuner changes. “FM 98.5” and like magic it’s changed.
If you short press the voice recognition button on the steering wheel, you’ll get the car’s voice assistant. If you ores and hold, you’ll get Siri if you have an iPhone connected.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Saw the other day while listening to music on the USB and using Waze through Android Auto (wireless) that the song title flashes over the instant gas mileage line (bottom of the display) when a new song comes on. Thought that was really cool. I have the SEL with the tablet gauge display not the analog.

·
Registered
382 Posts
So many cool things, let me think of a few:

• Hold the unlock button on your remote, and the front windows will roll down
  • If you're parallel parked on a street and open your door while someone is coming up behind you, it will alert you
  • When your cameras are on, you can change the views by pressing the selections on the left of the screen
  • You can have your SC play a little tune when you get in or shut off your car
  • You can have your SC play sounds of nature
  • When you have your front display showing the "car" representation, the lanes on the left and right turn white when the SC recognizes the lane lines and it will also show a representation of the car in front of you when the adaptive cruise control is set
  • The SC moves the line on the display when you change the distance for the adaptive cruse control
  • Lock your doors from the outside by simply placing your hand on the outside of the driver's door handle
  • Your tailgate can be positioned at a 15-degree angle to help support long things in your bed
  • When your low fuel warning engages, your SC will ask you if you want to see nearby gas prices
  • You can change your cluster display to spinning cubes instead of round gages (fourth option)
  • When you use the factory navigation system, you can have the SC display the basic next-turn directions on your front instrument cluster

I'm sure you know some of these, but hope some of these are interesting, also!

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
408 Posts
On the main infotainment screen where you name and the time are displayed, on the right side, when you press on the arrow icon, it opens the map. I thought that the roads roads under the icon were just a generic image but they actually are the current roads you are on with no names.

Reactions: Mister_Ed

·
Registered
27 Posts
On my drive home from Valdosta I saw my first SC "in the wild" - in Sage Grey. What I discovered was that the color actually looks like the color in the header of this forum! At least in the 4PM sunlight on I-95.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
I just realized you can “cheat” auto-hold because it applies only when a certain amount of pressure is put on the brake. A lighter touch can keep the car still without locking it (like if you know you’re about to move.)

When auto-hold is engaged at a stoplight, I always hear its tension as I put the gas on and it releases. It sounds like the car rolls just a tiny a bit while the brake is still engaged, which makes sense with how it works, but sometimes I don’t want to put it through that if I know I’m about to go.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I noticed when the gas gauge is low, the gas pump icon and the fuel level bar turn a yellowish-orange that reminded me of the color of gasoline.

·
Registered
Santa Cruz Ultimate
943 Posts
I still get a smile when you walk up to it in the dark, with the fob in your pocket, a little light behind either of the front door handles lights up the handle recess, kind of welcoming, I'm here for you buddy- I know the Canadian models have a different door handle operation than the US version - I assume you get the welcome lights too?

·
Registered
408 Posts
My Limited has the light in the door handle also. Nice on a winter night.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
683 Posts
If you short press the voice recognition button on the steering wheel, you’ll get the car’s voice assistant. If you ores and hold, you’ll get Siri if you have an iPhone connected.
I would love for this to be selectable: short press for Android Auto; long press for Factory system. I NEVER use the Factory stuff. 🤷‍♂️

1 - 20 of 55 Posts