Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
... The Honda is the only car our mother can easily get in and out of; the Mini is too low and the F250 4X4 is too high. ...
This is really an important issue for me, too. I'm pretty tall but also officially an Old Geezer, so I don't want to go through any gymnastics getting in or out. Maybe it's just 'optical confusion' from body styling, but the SC looks about as low as a Baja to me. Until I can sit in one in the real world, I will remain uneasy.

Reactions: Robin_Adee

·
Registered
40 Posts
This is really an important issue for me, too. I'm pretty tall but also officially an Old Geezer, so I don't want to go through any gymnastics getting in or out. Maybe it's just 'optical confusion' from body styling, but the SC looks about as low as a Baja to me. Until I can sit in one in the real world, I will remain uneasy.
Next to a Ranger

·
Registered
29 Posts
However the DCT and paddle shifters on the SC might ease your pain.
I drove a Ferrari 440 a few years ago with paddle shifters. Honest to god truth...my Ford Focus with a stick is more fun to drive than that Ferrari with paddle shifters.

[standing by for people to throw tomatoes at me]

·
Registered
40 Posts
I drove a Ferrari 440 a few years ago with paddle shifters. Honest to god truth...my Ford Focus with a stick is more fun to drive than that Ferrari with paddle shifters.

[standing by for people to throw tomatoes at me]
Better to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow... here's my fun slow car

·
Registered
150 Posts
Nothing slow about a Miata on track, had several shame my heavy 350Z.

I gained more respect for a DCT after driving my brothers PDK Boxster GTS on track... it rips on upshifts and snaps off downshifts instantly and with authority. But yeah I still prefer the pure 7 speed manual box in my C7.

Offering paddle shifters in the SC tells me Hyundai is trying to build something sportier then average here. I feel it’s a decent upgrade over your traditional slush box.

·
Registered
66 Posts
... Offering paddle shifters in the SC tells me Hyundai is trying to build something sportier ...
Also handy if you are coming down a steep hill with a trailer that weighs twice as much as the truck and you don't want to set your brakes on fire.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts