Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't even pick up my Blue Stone Limited until mid-October, but am wondering what I'll name him/her/it. Most of my rides have been named, but I have a few that never earned a moniker (light green Camry hybrid was always just "green car"). The new SC has a preliminary name - Blucifer or Lucy for short. Yes, I'm from CO, so the horse at DIA did have some influence. But I may get in it and discard that name once I meet the newest family member. Who knows?

Anyone want to share what you named yours?

P.S. Names aside, I'm reading all the techie posts from the rest of you and getting worried I'm going to be the old Nana driving like a grandma in a car that needs a sportier driver. Please tell me I'll be okay. And where do I go to learn how to use paddle shifters? Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
53 Posts
I don't even pick up my Blue Stone Limited until mid-October, but am wondering what I'll name him/her/it. Most of my rides have been named, but I have a few that never earned a moniker (light green Camry hybrid was always just "green car"). The new SC has a preliminary name - Blucifer or Lucy for short. Yes, I'm from CO, so the horse at DIA did have some influence. But I may get in it and discard that name once I meet the newest family member. Who knows?

P.S. Names aside, I'm reading all the techie posts from the rest of you and getting worried I'm going to be the old Nana driving like a grandma in a car that needs a sportier driver. Please tell me I'll be okay. And where do I go to learn how to use paddle shifters? Thanks in advance :)
I went with Alfred. Like Alfred pennyworth. I don’t know why, I’m more of a comic-Marvel universe fan, but Alfred from Batman just kind of fit.

YouTube is a great place to learn new skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,313 Posts
I like to tap the paddle shifters every great now and then for fun ... but honestly, I rarely touch them. The DCT is ridiculously good at knowing what gear I would put it in myself and already being in it!

Mine ended up named Grogu (better known as Baby Yoda). The dealer wanted a nickname for Bluelink setup right about the same time I heard someone in the dealership comment about that "Yoda green looking truck out there." And it stuck. Also, I can't unsee those pointy little Yoda ears in the front grille anymore. LOL Somehow, it just fit.

·
Registered
75 Posts

Friend named mine "The Mullet "...Business in the front....Party in the back.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium 2.5T AWD
130 Posts
Mine is "Vanna" One Vanna is from S.C and turns letters, My Vanna White is in S.C and turns heads..
To Crschol7's point: The day I got mine I sent a picture of it to my sister and she called it the "Mullet Mobile" LMAO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts