Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody is still looking for confirmation on wheel offset, heres the inside of my stock wheel. Its indeed ET51. I went with a 35 on my aftermarket wheels and think it really makes the SC look much bolder. It essentially brings the wheel out about .8" from stock.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Wheel Alloy wheel

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So did you stay with 20"? If not what size wheel and tire combo did you go with? Also any rubbing issues so far?
yea, stayed with the 20 but bumped to 8.5" width with a 255/50 tire. I considered a 55 tire but when we pulled on out to compare, I had some concerns it may rub on the suspension in the front. no issues in the back. Zero rub issues with the 35 offset. heres a side view.

Also, going with this setup, its nearly the same OD as the stock so it doesnt affect your speedo read.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
896 Posts
Any shots from the front or rear of how showing far the rubbers sticks out now? I'm interested in what this vehicle will look like with the fender flares and guessing some adjustments to the offset will help widen the stance.

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
yea, stayed with the 20 but bumped to 8.5" width with a 255/50 tire. I considered a 55 tire but when we pulled on out to compare, I had some concerns it may rub on the suspension in the front. no issues in the back. Zero rub issues with the 35 offset. heres a side view.

Also, going with this setup, its nearly the same OD as the stock so it doesnt affect your speedo read.

View attachment 2579
I like that blacked out look but want the nice ride of 17". Thought about just painting the 20" for that look, like someone else did here with his 18". Changes the appearance of the stocker's a lot!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Any shots from the front or rear of how showing far the rubbers sticks out now? I'm interested in what this vehicle will look like with the fender flares and guessing some adjustments to the offset will help widen the stance.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like that blacked out look but want the nice ride of 17". Thought about just painting the 20" for that look, like someone else did here with his 18". Changes the appearance of the stocker's a lot!
the 20's actually ride great and the handling itself is 10x better than a 17". the key is to buy good tires. if you want quiet and smooth, you cant go wrong with Michelin

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What did you do for those door bumpers?
I use these on all my cars since I live in an apartment complex and only have 1 garage. magnetic, i just take them off whenever i drive somewhere. i also cut of the wire linking them together.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Looks good - thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
Black Limited
88 Posts
the 20's actually ride great and the handling itself is 10x better than a 17". the key is to buy good tires. if you want quiet and smooth, you cant go wrong with Michelin
Planned on Michelin Cross Climate 2's. Not planning on any slaloms with my Ltd but do want a softer ride. Besides we have soooo many potholes here it's a joke and they love to eat 20's. 😁😋

·
Registered
5 Posts

View attachment 2579
Are those Black Rhino wheels? Don't have an SC yet, but those are the wheels that caught my eye already.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts