Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I called three dealers they were all over the board - so I called Hyundai and they said the complementary maintenance program was ever 7,500 miles ????
i never heard of going so long on a oil change -Am I out of touch on this ??

· Registered
Santa Cruz Limited in Blue Stone
572 Posts
The dealer were I have our Hyundais serviced said the first complimentary oil change will be at 5000 miles. I have 4600 miles now so it should happen in the next couple week SC.

· Registered
291 Posts
There are two service schedules, one for severe environment and one for normal. Normal is 7500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. I had my first oil change done at 1000 miles which I do on all my new cars. It was out of pocket cost, but gives me piece of mind knowing that any fine metal shavings from engine break-in have been removed early on. I won't hit 7500 miles within 1 year so my next will be at the 12 month mark.

· Registered
2,326 Posts
Check the manual or Hyundai has a nice online tool here: Hyundai Recommended Maintenance Schedules
I would do oil change #1 between 600 and 1,200 miles just a safety measure for the reasons @355rockit said above. They call it break-in for a reason... stuff inside the engine is breaking down all the time but most wear is going to occur during those first 1,000 miles or so.

· Registered
1,943 Posts
So I called three dealers they were all over the board - so I called Hyundai and they said the complementary maintenance program was ever 7,500 miles ????
i never heard of going so long on a oil change -Am I out of touch on this ??
Times are a changing… remember changing oil every 3 or 4 months… at 4000km
Today, modern cars, under normal conditions go 12 months and/or 12,000km

· Registered
Stone Blue AWD & First Edition Kia EV6
31 Posts
Had my first oil change at 1000 and switched to full synthetic oil. My dealer offered to move my first service forward to pay for it with conventional oil cost ($50) butI paid out of pocket. $97.

· Registered
10 Posts
There are two service schedules, one for severe environment and one for normal. Normal is 7500 miles or 12 months whichever comes first. I had my first oil change done at 1000 miles which I do on all my new cars. It was out of pocket cost, but gives me piece of mind knowing that any fine metal shavings from engine break-in have been removed early on. I won't hit 7500 miles within 1 year so my next will be at the 12 month mark.
"Fine metal savings" is old wives tale.

· Registered
19 Posts
I did my own at 1500 miles because Hyundai said I didn’t need it. I have an interesting story though. Has anyone here watched the car care nut on you tube. He was a Toyota service tech for many years who has his own shop now. One episode he had a Toyota engine that was trashed at 150k miles. He explained how the customer followed the scheduled service schedule for Toyota which is oil change every 10000 miles. He further went on to say at 150k your warranty is gone so Toyota is off the hook for repair. if you want to make that 200k and more threshold to please change your oil every 3-5000 miles depending on your driving and I totally agree

1 - 10 of 10 Posts