• SE

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • SEL

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • SEL Premium

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Limited

Votes: 18 58.1%

Which Hyundai Santa Cruz model did you reserve?

8K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  Gooze 
#1 · (Edited)
Reservations for the 2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SE, SEL, SEL Premium and Limited are open and require a $100 refundable deposit. You can configure and reserve your Santa Cruz by visiting this page: 2022 Santa Cruz Debut | Sport Adventure Vehicle | Hyundai USA. It officially goes on-sale Summer 2021.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Car

2022 Santa Cruz SE

SE
  • 3,500-lb. towing capacity⁠
  • 1,410-lb. payload⁠
  • 8-inch color touchscreen display audio⁠
  • Wireless Apple CarPlay® or Android Auto™⁠
  • 8-speed automatic transmission with SHIFTRONIC®⁠
  • 4.3-foot composite molded bed⁠

2022 Santa Cruz SEL

SEL
  • Available 10.25" Digital Gauge Cluster⁠
  • Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist⁠
  • Proximity Key with push button start⁠
  • 8-way heated power driver seat with adjustable lumbar support⁠
  • Heated side mirrors with integrated turn signals⁠
  • Bluelink® Connected Car System⁠

2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium

SEL Premium
  • 8-speed Wet Dual Clutch Transmission w/ SHIFTRONIC®⁠
  • LED headlights⁠
  • Hyundai Digital Key
  • ⁠Dual automatic temperature control⁠
  • Leather-wrapped steering wheel & shifter⁠
  • Auto-dimming rearview mirror w/ HomeLink®⁠

2022 Santa Cruz Limited

Limited
  • 10.25-inch touchscreen navigation⁠
  • Bose Premium Audio⁠
  • Ventilated and heated leather trimmed seats with heated leather-wrapped steering wheel⁠
  • Available 20-inch alloy wheels⁠
  • Blind-Spot View Monitor (BVM)⁠
  • Premium dark chrome exterior accents⁠

See less See more
#9 ·
Reserving a vehicle puts you to the front of the line, and the dealer will help you to locate a vehicle that matches what you want. This makes sense, since these are not build-to-order vehicles.

This is what the FAQ says, in reference to refunds:

Is my reservation deposit refundable?⁠Click to collapse
Yes, unused reservation fees are fully refundable. We understand things change. If you would like a refund, you can call the SANTA CRUZ concierge center at 844-966-3434 or email conciergecenter@autodatasolutions.com with your request. Only the $100 you have put down will be refunded.

How long does it take to process a refund?⁠Click to collapse
Refunds are processed as quickly as possible. Typically, this takes no longer than 2-4 business days. Once processed, there may be additional time for your credit card company to update your account to show the credit. If you have any issues, please contact a SANTA CRUZ concierge agent at 844-966-3434 or email conciergecenter@autodatasolutions.com.

I figured that throwing a fully refundable $100 deposit out there was worth it to me to be able to get one quickly. I'm in need of a vehicle and this seems to be a cheap and easy way to get to the front of the line.

#16 ·
Welcome @nojovo! Which model did you go with and how did you spec it?
As for official Santa Cruz Limited pricing, I don't see it being much more than $10k before options above the estimated MSRP from $25k.
Have you tested out any other new pickups and would consider getting them?

#17 ·
None. I don't see the advantage as it may be a hassle and one more thing I have to remember to do to get my money back, and I haven't seen any hands-on reviews yet alone sat in a few to know for sure what trim and color I want.

I see a great value prospect in the SC, but if the first ones are selling for 100% MSRP or higher with dealer add-ons like $500 undercoatings and $500 BS fees, there may be better value in alternatives that are also being updated for 2022 and may see steeper discounts in real world pricing. For example, the old truck I'm in now we thought was out of our price range and not a contender being so fully loaded, but when we low balled anyway an out the door price well over $10K under MSRP and said that's the best we could do in callbacks and then finally got a callback a few days later with acceptance we bit.

Its one of those things where a $35K MSRP Santa Cruz being so fresh and full of hype may end up having to compete with $45K merely refreshed competitors that are steeply discounted if you keep your options open.

Personally, I'm not shopping for a very specific set of features, but more or less what is the coolest vehicle that meets our basic needs for $30-35K or so.

#19 ·
None. I don't see the advantage as it may be a hassle and one more thing I have to remember to do to get my money back, and I haven't seen any hands-on reviews yet alone sat in a few to know for sure what trim and color I want.

I see a great value prospect in the SC, but if the first ones are selling for 100% MSRP or higher with dealer add-ons like $500 undercoatings and $500 BS fees, there may be better value in alternatives that are also being updated for 2022 and may see steeper discounts in real world pricing. For example, the old truck I'm in now we thought was out of our price range and not a contender being so fully loaded, but when we low balled anyway an out the door price well over $10K under MSRP and said that's the best we could do in callbacks and then finally got a callback a few days later with acceptance we bit.

Its one of those things where a $35K MSRP Santa Cruz being so fresh and full of hype may end up having to compete with $45K merely refreshed competitors that are steeply discounted if you keep your options open.

Personally, I'm not shopping for a very specific set of features, but more or less what is the coolest vehicle that meets our basic needs for $30-35K or so.
It will be interesting if Honda and Nissan become more willing to offer discounts on the Ridgeline and Frontier to try and keep people interested in them over the Santa Cruz. On the flip side if Hyundai dealers try to mark this truck up they're going to lose customers fast.

#24 ·
I haven't reserved anything, but if I get a SC it will be a Limited. I want all the bells and whistles, but could do without the 20" wheels.

As for pricing against other brands: Honda normally doesn't do much discounting on their vehicles, but Nissan sure does. I have no experience with Hyundai but my parents got a really good deal on a Sonata a few years ago. Hyundai is known as a value brand but getting a deal on a newly released product ain't happening. In fact I wonder if they didn't release pricing yet to see how these early reservations stacked up. If they see a rush of prospective buyers they might launch at a higher price.

#26 ·
Just did the $100 deposit thing and got a call from Hyundai concierge 15 minutes later to confirm and inform me of what is next in the process. I went with the Sage Gray, SEL seems good enough for me. But surprised that it only comes with the black interior...I also added the activity package which I just found out from talking with the guy that it adds quite a few things... but all I really would want from that package is the tonneau cover. The rest I could do without. But all this is subject to change as to what the added price for this package will be. If it is outrageously high then, forget about it.

#34 ·
I agree... but wonder if Hyundai will release predicted sales figures, IE: how many SC do they expect to sell. How many units would be considered a success? When an OEM has a hit they will throw tons of support behind it. The SC is generating a decent amount of buzz, but its hard for me to judge as I'm following it closely, just waiting for any tiny scraps of information - my YouTube feed is full of SC related stuff.

My wife had a Volvo C30 which was massive sales dud in the US, I do not want other lame duck vehicle like that again. Parts and service were a nightmare because nobody, not even the local Volvo dealer, knew much about it. Thankfully the SC is based on the Tucson with a Santa Fe drive train so it shouldn't be orphan.

#33 ·
I'm starting to get impatient waiting for the price of this SAV (still not a truck in my book). I find myself reviewing other options, but SUV's with tailgates are non-existent these days. Most of what I like is bigger than I really want and priced in the stratosphere.

Anyone else have ants in their pants too? June is only ~2 weeks away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.