• SEL Premium

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Limited

Votes: 13 61.9%
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
It will be interesting if Honda and Nissan become more willing to offer discounts on the Ridgeline and Frontier to try and keep people interested in them over the Santa Cruz. On the flip side if Hyundai dealers try to mark this truck up they're going to lose customers fast.
They won't consider the SC much of a competitor. Also, Hyundai will be using a tactic to increase profits of their SC, by charging an LOA (lack of availability) fee. Inventories will be limited and they won't miss the opportunity to squeeze more money from the consumer, much the same as Kia does with the Telluride. If the SC is more than $35K it won't sell, period.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also, Hyundai will be using a tactic to increase profits of their SC, by charging an LOA (lack of availability) fee. Inventories will be limited and they won't miss the opportunity to squeeze more money from the consumer,
Hyundai does not make that call, the dealer does. DON"T deal with slimeball dealers who play that game. Vote with your wallet. There are a gazillion Hyundai dealers out there that are fair and reasonable..... This will be my 75th vehicle. I've (not) played that game before..

I was an early adopter on the Colorado. They were impossible to find spec'd correctly. I found a dealer not far away that threw all kinds of discounts at me for a truck in stock and DID NOT charge a dock fee. I just sold that truck...Cost me $4700 to own for 6 years.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I haven't reserved anything, but if I get a SC it will be a Limited. I want all the bells and whistles, but could do without the 20" wheels.

As for pricing against other brands: Honda normally doesn't do much discounting on their vehicles, but Nissan sure does. I have no experience with Hyundai but my parents got a really good deal on a Sonata a few years ago. Hyundai is known as a value brand but getting a deal on a newly released product ain't happening. In fact I wonder if they didn't release pricing yet to see how these early reservations stacked up. If they see a rush of prospective buyers they might launch at a higher price.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I made my reservation today! I couldn’t decide on a color, so I chose white. And I chose the Limited package, but I mostly just want a turbo/DCT with AWD and leather. Any other niceties I’ll take but not required. The Santa Cruz will be replacing this:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just did the $100 deposit thing and got a call from Hyundai concierge 15 minutes later to confirm and inform me of what is next in the process. I went with the Sage Gray, SEL seems good enough for me. But surprised that it only comes with the black interior...I also added the activity package which I just found out from talking with the guy that it adds quite a few things... but all I really would want from that package is the tonneau cover. The rest I could do without. But all this is subject to change as to what the added price for this package will be. If it is outrageously high then, forget about it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts