Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'd go with the newest Hikaris, the 22 Hyperstars:

Reviews from people that have upgraded say they blow the old generation away.

·
Registered
2022 SEL Premium / Preferred Trend
93 Posts
I’ve seen the LED replacements in 10,000 lumens - 15,000 lumens, and now these are 20,000 lumens.

Is there a chance we could start blinding oncoming drivers with higher lumens or not really because of the projector design?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
not really because of the projector design?
^this, the cutoff on projectors are very sharp

Also those lumens are surely a lie. I think those are theoretical numbers based on the diodes themselves in a lab in short bursts before they burn themselves to a crisp, not what they actually do.

Also probably only even comparable looking at those lumen numbers within a particular brand, so the one with the higher number is their brighter one, but can't compare that to another brand.

IMO, if you are a prime member, just buy several as long as on the website it says "free returns" and just return the ones you like the least. Much easier to tell the difference side by side putting one in each headlight.

Someone also recommended Nineos to me for example, and I found the Nineos worked much better in a reflector (big foglights on a Dodge Ram) than the Hikaris, but I wouldn't have known unless I tried both side by side. These are their latest model: https://www.amazon.com/NINEO-9005-Repacement-Levitation-Conversion/dp/B08HMHGWY5/

Of course the other issue is you want to get the color as close to the DRLs as possible, and LEDs are all slightly different amounts of yellow or blue in the white light. If you're picky like me that can be a game changer too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts