Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few different types of rims on photos of the Santa Cruz. Just out of curiosity, which ones do you think will be on the actual production, if any of them ?? The last one is just a regular person rendering but... it's a possibility..

·
Registered
729 Posts
That last rendering looks good to me since it seems to resonate the most with the kind of designs we're seeing come out from Hyundai on their market-ready vehicles, being most practical. Plus it has that city look which is where we'll find these in. The other wheels don't seem to fit in as well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good point. But for some reason I think that the second set could be a base model wheel. Then the last one can be the sport versions or the "optional"

·
Registered
729 Posts
starting to think I should look to what the Genesis line will offer since some of those wheels could work on a truck like this which isn't as hardcore of a truck like the... F150, Silverado, Tundra etc.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's gonna be a tough one. At least if you're looking at Genesis' new future line-up. The wheels they've been showing look great on the respective cars, just not too sure how they would transfer onto one of these.

·
Registered
729 Posts
It just has to have a sporty enough look to not look out of place on the truck but at the same time it depends on how the truck ends up looking and with how long its been since we seen the concept... what comes to production can vary a bit, but swapping wheels from another Hyundai is definitely something to think about.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For sure, I love the concept of switching wheels but to something that is still from the manufacturer. Just maintains that oem+ look kind of thing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
That or you look for those aftermarket wheel makers that make wheels that in some ways are similar to OEM designs, just an aggressive version of what's often seen from OEM's. Anything beyond that and you really have to analyse how good or bad it looks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea.. I find a lot of the "cheaper" brands like Niche and what not tend to provide wheels that follow those descriptions, usually going in the upper scale range like Avant Garde or that section are vastly different but still dope as ever

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wouldn't say the upper scale doesn't offer wheels that look vastly different. Avant Garde has wheels that look like oem Lexus wheels, BMW wheels, heck you could throw one of their designs on a Lambo in black and it'll look oem lol

·
Registered
729 Posts
Even Vossen is a good example of a wheel maker that plays on what OEM's offer. Some owners replace the center cap that has the Vossen logo with one from their car maker which often maintains an OEM look.

A good example is this Audi running Vossens that for an Audi comes off as OEM:

·
Registered
24 Posts
That definitely looks oem. Especially because it's a new Audi, if you put an Audi logo on the center cap, I can guarantee barely anyone would be able to tell it was aftermarket. That's the kinda stuff I like to see.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Every manufacturer has some sort of wheel brand that makes wheels that look oem on them I believe. Audi and Infinitis are great with Vossen. HRE could be used for BMW, Benz, heck even Lamborghini lmao

·
Registered
729 Posts
Its true. Then you have Volk/Rays who made wheels looking like they belong on a Type R from the factory.

Even some Vossen wheels can look OEM on Hyundai's, just depends on what it is, size, etc.

Here's a good example:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Especially in that color. If the car wasn't aired out (assuming it's on air) and at stock height, you'd go through a tough time trying to decipher whether that's oem or not. I wonder what would make a company not approach a manufacturer like Hyundai and offer to produce wheels for a certain vehicles sport package or something ?

·
Registered
729 Posts
So now that i've seen a few hardcore pickup examples from Chevy and Toyota, I really want off-road package like what they offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts