Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everybody,

I just got my SC SEL-P two months ago, and I am enjoying it for sure. In the last month, I've noticed a whirring sound when I go above 35 mph and upon acceleration. The sound goes away when I let go of the gas pedal or go over 50 mph. I got the dealership to look at it, and after assessing it they determined that it was a normal sound from the engine typical of the SC.

My question is, are you experiencing this sound too when going 35 mph and over? I appreciate the input on this one because the noise is driving me a little crazy.

Registered
Hey, Chris, I don't notice any odd noise, but that doesn't mean much. Most folks often don't notice certain things until someone points them out -- after that, they are driven crazy, too!

If you have the paddle shifters, you could test whether the noise is tied to a certain transmission gear.

You could specify where you are located and ask if another, nearby SC owner wants to do a meet-up. You can each listen to the other trucklet and see if that 'mystery noise' is really universal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, Chris, I don't notice any odd noise, but that doesn't mean much. Most folks often don't notice certain things until someone points them out -- after that, they are driven crazy, too!

If you have the paddle shifters, you could test whether the noise is tied to a certain transmission gear.

You could specify where you are located and ask if another, nearby SC owner wants to do a meet-up. You can each listen to the other trucklet and see if that 'mystery noise' is really universal.
Thanks for the tidbit. I talked with Hyundai Customer Care and they informed me to go to another dealership and see if they come up with the same conclusion. If the dealership says that it's normal, then I have to contact Hyundai Customer Care and they will escalate it. I thought about asking a random SC owner about riding along, but I thought I ask this forum as a better option. Still thinking about riding with a stranger in his SC though lol.

Registered
I get a vibration noise at 1200-1500rpm (should be about the same 35 mph range) on my Limited turbo. Dealer had no idea where it was coming from. Said if I left it with them for a longer period they might be able to solve it. Irritating but doesn't seem to be a problem at this point.

Registered
Hey Everybody,

I just got my SC SEL-P two months ago, and I am enjoying it for sure. In the last month, I've noticed a whirring sound when I go above 35 mph and upon acceleration. The sound goes away when I let go of the gas pedal or go over 50 mph. I got the dealership to look at it, and after assessing it they determined that it was a normal sound from the engine typical of the SC.

My question is, are you experiencing this sound too when going 35 mph and over? I appreciate the input on this one because the noise is driving me a little crazy.
I've noticed a noise on my SC too. I only hear it when my window is down - but at and around the same speed as you. I thought it was an engine sound, but I'm wondering if it's simply the airflow over the side mirror...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts