Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a sc phantom black/gray SEL AWD 02 Activity Package on 9/4/22, with a hefty down payment I might add. I saw the plant manifest here of all orders nation wide as of 7/21/22 up to 9/29/22 and there was no car ordered by my dealer to fit my order placed with them. Spoke to the salesman and he told me "hang in there" we will let you know when your car is coming. I would just like to get a straight answer.

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is no such thing as a true “order” from Hyundai in the USA. Dealers are able to make a “request” and when it comes time for that particular dealer to get their next vehicle allocations, Hyundai will attempt to match the request, but there are absolutely no guarantees if or when a matching vehicle will arrive at a specific dealer. This is especially true if it’s a low volume dealer who gets a small number of total allocations.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,074 Posts
You have to move to Canada to actually order one.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz LTD AWD Hampton Gray
39 Posts
There is no such thing as a true “order” from Hyundai in the USA. Dealers are able to make a “request” and when it comes time for that particular dealer to get their next vehicle allocations, Hyundai will attempt to match the request, but there are absolutely no guarantees if or when a matching vehicle will arrive at a specific dealer. This is especially true if it’s a low volume dealer who gets a small number of total allocations.
You are exactly right. That's why I make sure I tell people about our "Preference" system. I can put whatever I want in the system with a customer name on it. Whether or not Hyundai picks up the actual preference and turns it into a car, is another story. Last month, we had 3 out of 5 preferences pulled. Now I have about 13 "Preferences" in our "Priority Bank", and we shall see how it goes when the Allocation gets run around October 5th.

I would call the dealership by the end of the week-if they grabbed your car, you should at least have an AON Number (preproduction order number) or an actual VIN.

·
Administrator
99 Posts
Honda doesn't take "orders", either. Like Hyundai, they accept requests from dealers for a particular trim and color combination. Only after enough requests for an identical combination are received does the factory build a batch of identical vehicles which they then distribute to dealers based on the requests they received.

New models are often on "fixed allocation" meaning that Honda won't even accept requests - they'll send their choice of vehicles to dealers for a certain period such as 90 days.

Each dealer is allocated a certain number of each model over a certain period. If the dealer is allocated, say, 50 Accords, the dealer will submit their requests for specific trims and colors. They typically receive most of what they request, but not all. They'll still get 50 Accords for that period, but 45 of those might be the ones they requested while 5 might be different trims or colors.

Most "domestic" brands like Ford and GM along with some "import" brands like BMW do build-to-order. That's less efficient because every vehicle coming down the assembly line might be a different trim and color with different options. It's more efficient to build large batches of identical vehicles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lies continue. Yesterday I received email from dealer I ordered from stating they had the same model and equipment I ordered except for a different color interior. I texted the dealer and expressed my interest to come in and see this model and test drive it and if ai was OK with the interior I would purchase it. They made an appointment for me at 11 am this morning for a test drive. My wife and I where their at 10:50 am. A salesman asked if I needed help and I said yes I'm here to test drive the Santa Cruz they advertised and I had an appointment for. He told me to wait minute and he would get my salesman I first ordered from. Salesman came about 5 minutes later told us to have a seat and then asked me how I got the appointment for the test drive. Explained everything to him and he tells me they don't have any SC's in stock and probably won't until sometime in November. OK now my blood pressure it climbing by the minute. Why did we take the ride to the dealer and waste our time when I was lied to from the get go. Should make a movie called Hyundai Lies and Video Tape Vented Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
My preferred dealer contacted me yesterday and informed my that they still have not been allocated a White/black Limited SC, which was my choice 5 months ago when reservations opened up.

Not sure I believe them. Nothing coming until 2022.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My preferred dealer contacted me yesterday and informed my that they still have not been allocated a White/black Limited SC, which was my choice 5 months ago when reservations opened up.

Not sure I believe them. Nothing coming until 2022.
My local dealer had a White/Black, I turned it down... I did not want white.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts