Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (eventually)
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw an ad for the Tucson, and it looks like the top trim 10.25" infotainment has a split screen mode for Car Play. Looks like the phone mirroring takes about 2/3 of it, with a space for the factory info on the right.

Anybody know if that's the case?

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Venza Limited
208 Posts
My Venza has widescreen too, and CarPlay only use a portion of it like what you posted, so I'd say yeah it's probably because CarPlay has fixed aspect ratio and can't stretch fit widescreen display.

I personally don't think it's a bad idea, I get to see the phone projection and also native vehicle states like AWD traction distribution and etc

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
I think the most recent updates to CarPlay incorporated the split screen mode. I have a Honda Ridgeline and it does not have a native split screen option, but when using CarPlay, it does. It should work similarly on the Santa Cruz regardless of whether the Hyundai has a native split screen.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting. With the larger screen I was thinking we would get a widescreen version of CarPlay or at least something more than what is shown in the pic. The more I think about it though, it would make sense that the CarPlay display is locked to certain dimensions.

The 10 inch screen looks good but the functionality isn’t helping the price hike (wired CarPlay v wireless, lack of knobs). However I am a sucker for a couple extra speakers. Alas, limited I shall stay.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
165 Posts
Interesting. With the larger screen I was thinking we would get a widescreen version of CarPlay or at least something more than what is shown in the pic. The more I think about it though, it would make sense that the CarPlay display is locked to certain dimensions.

The 10 inch screen looks good but the functionality isn’t helping the price hike (wired CarPlay v wireless, lack of knobs). However I am a sucker for a couple extra speakers. Alas, limited I shall stay.
I am really not seeing the value in the Limited trim. Ventilated seats would be nice and few other goodies, but also a few downgrades (wire AA and AC) The Select Premium seems like a good value.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am really not seeing the value in the Limited trim. Ventilated seats would be nice and few other goodies, but also a few downgrades (wire AA and AC) The Select Premium seems like a good value.
Thats where I am at. I want that monitoring system, BVM, Bose, and Leather. Vented seats are nice, but a risk for spills, mandatory rim upgrade to 20"s, losing wireless AA, all the touch buttons. Its bitter sweet for me, and 4k is a lot of money.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
...I want that monitoring system, BVM, Bose, and Leather. Vented seats are nice...
All things I'd like to have as well, but very happy with saving almost $15K for now. Ended up going SE AWD with a possibility of upgrading a few years down the road if they mix the option offerings up and/or offer a N-Line, Hybrid or Off-Road version. To be honest, the SE AWD will probably be with me for 5-10 years once I settle into it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
All things I'd like to have as well, but very happy with saving almost $15K for now. Ended up going SE AWD with a possibility of upgrading a few years down the road if they mix the option offerings up and/or offer a N-Line, Hybrid or Off-Road version. To be honest, the SE AWD will probably be with me for 5-10 years once I settle into it.
There is no way I'd buy the SC without the tonneau cover, but YMMV. The 2.5T is pretty much a requirement too. Problem is that starts getting pricey.

I hope they offer an electric or higher performance version in 4-5 to upgrade to.

·
Banned
GET YOUR ADVENTURE ON!
469 Posts
You should be able to purchase the tonneau cover after the fact and install it for those that don't want the whole Activity Package. I like the tonneau cover, but with how I plan to use the SC it will just get in the way or I'd have to remove it. Yet another reason besides the higher cost that I didn't go 2.5T/DCT at this time.

·
Registered
489 Posts
You should be able to purchase the tonneau cover after the fact and install it for those that don't want the whole Activity Package.
Yet oddly its not listed as an accessory available from dealers which seems crazy since they feature it so much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts