Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yup.

Good call on their part starting off with the Tuscon.
I have a feeling they might go for another volume product, something different... sonata?
The fuel cell setup looks to take up lots of room in the vehicle. Might be trickier to integrate into a sedan unless designed from scratch for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The fuel cell setup looks to take up lots of room in the vehicle. Might be trickier to integrate into a sedan unless designed from scratch for it.

making it compact for a sedan should be possible
only downside is what that can do to range.

toyota mirai is a compact fuel cell sedan.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well that sounds pretty reliable as a source of information. You still never know.

How many of you guys would opt for the diesel model?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Put me in for the diesel.

If the e-4WD system finds its way into the SC but is only available with a gas motor that might be a tough decision between that and the diesel.

If the diesel is available with the e-4WD:

The SC would easily average 40 mpg for both city and hwy with such a combination.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Mastering gas mileage even as a basemodel will do them well. Since they can't play with the big boy trucks, efficiency and affordability is going to help them.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The larger trucks will never be able to come close the SC's combination of price and fuel efficiency. Based on the Tucson, the two engines offered will achieve city/hwy mpg of 23/31 and 26/33. The only larger trucks that will come close to that are the diesel Colorado or Ram 1500 which will cost $5k-$10k more. Efficiency and affordability will be the SC's main selling point over larger trucks.

·
Registered
729 Posts
The larger trucks will never be able to come close the SC's combination of price and fuel efficiency. Based on the Tucson, the two engines offered will achieve city/hwy mpg of 23/31 and 26/33. The only larger trucks that will come close to that are the diesel Colorado or Ram 1500 which will cost $5k-$10k more. Efficiency and affordability will be the SC's main selling point over larger trucks.
Yeah, but the guys who need those larger trucks need them for the levels of capability they have or just wont see the SC as a "real truck"

They'll be some small crossover.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Thing is there aren't many options for smaller trucks right now, so I think that some people may choose to go smaller once there are some more options. Right now there is just the Tacoma, and Colorado, right?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yeah, but the guys who need those larger trucks need them for the levels of capability they have or just wont see the SC as a "real truck"

They'll be some small crossover.
Let's be honest, 75%+ of truck buyers in this country don't actually need a truck. Most can get along just fine daily driving something smaller and renting a truck for the few times a year they actually need it. Those that buy fullsize trucks as status symbols aren't going to be interested in the SC.

Thing is there aren't many options for smaller trucks right now, so I think that some people may choose to go smaller once there are some more options. Right now there is just the Tacoma, and Colorado, right?
Colorado/Canyon, Tacoma and Frontier. Once the redesigned Tacoma and Frontier come out, everyone will offer a slightly more manageable midsize, with slightly better mpg (compared to fullsize).

·
Registered
729 Posts
Let's be honest, 75%+ of truck buyers in this country don't actually need a truck. Most can get along just fine daily driving something smaller and renting a truck for the few times a year they actually need it. Those that buy fullsize trucks as status symbols aren't going to be interested in the SC.
that's why i mentioned those guys that won't see it as a "real truck" ... no V8... no fun. They want something potent and big although a truck like the SC meets their needs.

all part of the culture.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I don't understand the fascination with a V8 engine. I just want the best engine possible. I don't care how loud or big it is.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I don't understand the fascination with a V8 engine. I just want the best engine possible. I don't care how loud or big it is.
Tell that to the mass of men all throughout North America that own V8 trucks which for the most part aren't pushed to limits that they are capable of.

Same can be said for other types of vehicles.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts