Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm talking about cleaning the INSIDE of the windshield, it seems mine gets a film on it every week, maybe it's all the new plastics, but it's a pain to clean with Windex and paper towels, Any tips? Or easier way? What do you use?
Thanks !

·
Registered
22 Ice White SEL Activity AWD
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Inside, I use Sprayway Glass cleaner and a microfiber towel that hasn’t been washer with soap or fabric softener.
Do you spray on the towel then wipe or directly on the windshield? I'll probably go this route because I hate the smell of vinegar and I didn't know they still made local newspapers? Lol.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you spray on the towel then wipe or directly on the windshield? I'll probably go this route because I hate the smell of vinegar and I didn't know they still made local newspapers? Lol.
It’s an aerosol spray but contains no alcohol or damaging chemicals. Comes out foamy and I spray it directly on the windshield. Use one side of the towel on driver side and other side on passenger side. Works good too!

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
832 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: RichVee

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ammonia at a minimal ratio to wash in isn’t like using window cleaner with ammonia as an ingredient to spray onto windows. You wash with ammonia in the washer and it rinses the ammonia out. You then dry the towels in your dryer and you’re good to go! Simple not complicated!

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I think the confusion may be because ammonia is widely known as a glass cleaner but not as a laundry detergent.

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
832 Posts
On the point of streaks: Pro tip: wipe one way on the inside (say side to side), and the other way on the outside (up & down). That way if you do have streaks, you can easily identify which side they are on.

Reactions: ToadVine and RetFF

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think the confusion may be because ammonia is widely known as a glass cleaner but not as a laundry detergent.
I think your right too. I would no way wash any windows with ammonia period. Works well for my dry off towels with out and ill side effects. Of coarse I’m old school and have been doing it for well over 35 years!

·
Registered
SEL 2.5 Non-Turbo AWD with Activity package
279 Posts
Premium paper towels have oil in them. They will tend to streak no matter what you do. If using them, buy the cheapest on the shelf. A tip from our house cleaners

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi All, I'm talking about cleaning the INSIDE of the windshield, it seems mine gets a film on it every week, maybe it's all the new plastics, but it's a pain to clean with Windex and paper towels, Any tips? Or easier way? What do you use?
Thanks !
Invisible glass and micro fiber works well. It helps keep it from getting dirty again quite as fast. The biggest thing is not to clean it when the glass is hot, it tends to smear more.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts