Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Limitied (black/black)
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When cleaning the window the passenger wipe always leaves a dirty smudge…right in the driver’s field of view. Anyone else? I just gave the windshield a good hand cleaning. I hope that helps. Thinking about changing the wipers. Quite an annoying design flaw.
Cloud Sky Car Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
Not a design flaw at all, but rather a function of proper care. As a resident of Washington State, I am all too familiar with windshield and wiper cleaning and maintenance. Maintenance includes claybar cleaning of the windshield, then treat both windshield and wiper blades with a graphene coating. Once both are prepped and treated, you do not need wipers...lol.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Not a design flaw at all, but rather a function of proper care. As a resident of Washington State, I am all too familiar with windshield and wiper cleaning and maintenance. Maintenance includes claybar cleaning of the windshield, then treat both windshield and wiper blades with a graphene coating. Once both are prepped and treated, you do not need wipers...lol.

Lol. Really? A windshield wiper that doesn't actually wipe the windshield clean is either bad or a design flaw. A billion other new cars on the road wipe the windshield just fine. We drove ours in Salt and it wiped fine. Ive never coated any wiper in anything. I do rainx my nicer vehicles windshield. But not my commuter ones.

In the olden days you could just bend the metal wiper blade receiver to put more pressure on that spot. Id try another wiper

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, mine misses a spot right about there also. It was fine right at first but now it leaves a spot or two right in there. Figured that I need to clean it a bit. More than likely a low pressure spot though

·
Registered
'22 SC Limited Hampton Gray
676 Posts
Lol. Really? A windshield wiper that doesn't actually wipe the windshield clean is either bad or a design flaw. A billion other new cars on the road wipe the windshield just fine. We drove ours in Salt and it wiped fine. Ive never coated any wiper in anything. I do rainx my nicer vehicles windshield. But not my commuter ones.

In the olden days you could just bend the metal wiper blade receiver to put more pressure on that spot. Id try another wiper
Believe what you want, but my windshield was crap when I picked it up brand new from who knows what kind of atmospheric fallout, rail dust, car soap, etc. After treatment, it is fine.

I was just trying to offer my advice from experience; you are free to do with that information what you want. 🤷‍♂️ "In the olden days" one would repair, rather than replace.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about trying some sort of coating. I have been using Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions to kind of try out the idea of a ceramic coating. It says it can be used on glass. My SF only has 5K miles on it btw. I thought about cleaning the wiper blades, but when I was cleaning the windshield I didn't have my keys and you need to open the hood I think to pull up the wipers. Rain-ex is another potential option. I was thinking about trying some of that on my homes skylights anyways. Some high quality wiper blades would probably make a difference too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The issue might be due to the fact that the washers hit fairly low on the windshield so the top doesn't get enough fluid resulting in more filth not being rinsed and the passenger windshield dumping it's filth in my viewing area. But I don't think the nozzles are adjustable. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
997 Posts
Is the smeared spot just water, or some kind of oil/grease? (Wipe you finger across to see what it does.) If it's water, then the blade pressure is too light in that area (maybe it is a design flaw.) If it is grease/oil, don't forget to wash the wiper blade itself, when cleaning the windshield.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts