Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm really torn on choosing between an SEL Premium or a Limited, and very strongly leaning towards the Premium (I really can't stand leather seats). I know that the 8 inch infotainment system supports wireless AA and Carplay, but does anyone know if that's the ONLY option on that system? I've never actually used wireless AA, only wired, but I hear terrible things about it.

Was wondering if anyone here with the 8 inch screens could confirm if wired AA is possible.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz Ultimate (Limited in the US)
772 Posts
Wired is the default, wireless is an extra 'feature'. So yes, you definitely have wired AA/CP.

Wireless being 'terrible' will depend on a lot of things. Folks who care about those specifics far more than I do might chime in about it - or if you search, there has been some discussion about it in recent months.

·
Registered
91 Posts
So far wireless android auto works great. I initially had it setup for wired only. Nice to be able to jump into the vehicle and not have to worry about plugging it into USB. It would be nice if Android XM Radio app worked without having to start music via BT audio prior to starting android auto maps. If not the music will only play when Google lady is talking.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just an FYI that Android Auto Sirius-XM streaming app works smoothly with wireless Android auto. With wired Android Auto I needed to start Sirius-XM audio via bluetooth prior to plugging into USB. No need to do this with wireless AA. Sound quality is very good.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Cruz SEL Premium Hampton Gray
226 Posts
Hi all,

I'm really torn on choosing between an SEL Premium or a Limited, and very strongly leaning towards the Premium (I really can't stand leather seats). I know that the 8 inch infotainment system supports wireless AA and Carplay, but does anyone know if that's the ONLY option on that system? I've never actually used wireless AA, only wired, but I hear terrible things about it.

Was wondering if anyone here with the 8 inch screens could confirm if wired AA is possible.
Can't speak to wired AA on non-limited but wireless AA has worked flawlessly for me (so far.)

·
Registered
289 Posts
My only complaint with the wireless AA is that it will usually start playing Pandora again as soon as I start my car up whether or not I want it to. I have to click the "radio" button on the screen to shut it off and get back to Sirius. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain. I guess the good news is, the connectivity is excellent.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My only complaint with the wireless AA is that it will usually start playing Pandora again as soon as I start my car up whether or not I want it to. I have to click the "radio" button on the screen to shut it off and get back to Sirius. Not a big deal, but kind of a pain. I guess the good news is, the connectivity is excellent.
There is a setting inside of AA to automatically start media up that you can turn off. I believe this was posted on an earlier thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts