Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my Limited yesterday. CarPlay is wireless only on the limited but I’ve seen a lot of wireless adapters for sale online from about $70 on up to $200. Has anyone used one of these? I’m interested in how long it takes to link when you get in the truck and if you have to do any connection steps, etc. after the first time. If one would work seamlessly, it would be great to leave my phone in my pocket and be connected every time I got in the truck. Thanks for any input offered.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've used the CarLinkIt in our 2020 Santa Fe and it works pretty well. Ocassionally has trouble connecting, but works about 90% of the time without issue and connects within 30 seconds of starting up the car. Sure, I curse at it from time to time, but I also have XM Radio as a backup solution should it start acting finicky. Considering the alternative of having to take my phone out of my pocket everytime I get in the car and plug it in, I'd buy this thing a hundred times over.

Oh, and I've tried it with a SC Limited with the 10.1" screen and it does work.

The Amazon title shows Audi models, but this is the specific one I bought and it works with multiple brands including Hyundai, Kia, and even Jeep and Dodge. I've used this same dongle in everything from a 2021 Kia K5 to a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee to even a 2017 Dodge Charger.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a cplay2air I use in a Honda Civic. I would say it works 95 percent of the time. The one in a hundred times it doesn’t work I just unplug and replug in the adapter.

And honestly it was actually more reliable then plugging in the phone direct.

I meant to test it out during my test drive but wound up forgetting. But I’m hoping I can get the limited this week at an out of state dealer someone here mentioned was selling at msrp. If I do get it I will update this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I also went out of state to buy. I paid MSRP plus a $300 doc fee. I had been quoted $1500 to $5000 over list at other dealers. I bought from the dealer in Marion, IL.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm in the NYC area, north Jersey. My local dealership in Morris County quoted me 4k over. A larger dealership in Paramus where I actually test drove it quote me 5k "market adjustment".

I'm looking at dealerships out in PA at this time. I think part of the problem is not every dealership have gotten any models in yet, so the ones that do have them in the lot know people are searching around.

I won't pay a dime over msrp. I don't like dealerships charging over but what gets me more then trying to get a premium is not being up front with it. The dealership in Paramus have an internet sales engine, and there sales engine makes it seem like you can complete a purchase on the vehicle at msrp. I have slightly more respect for dealers that show their premium they want in the list price in their online inventory.

I would hope that these dealership appreciate customers like me may buy 4 vehicles in 5 years. But pulling shenanigans like this ensure I won't be coming back to them when prices come back down to earth.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m in the Nashville area and my friend just purchased a Palisade Calligraphy in Indy at MSRP. The Nashville dealer asked for $8,000 over. I plan on buying a GV80 very soon but I will not consider the Nashville dealer and will go elsewhere even if the money is the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts