Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone who presently owns a SC with the wireless charging pad tell me if it:
  • Actually charges the phone or does it merely maintain the level of charge
  • Stays connected with the phone while driving or does it stop/start charging along the route
  • Is able to perform the tasks of Apple Carplay and Android Auto consistently without dropping, while being connected wirelessly
Thank you in advance for the information. The reason I ask is because my brand new Ridgeline consistently loses connection with the charging pad, thereby causing the phone to discharge.

Going to get a look at my first Santa Cruz today.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
651 Posts
The pad is auto sensing and I didn't have to do anything to it just place the phone there and it started charging

it's made of non-slip material, and there's no much room after I put a pro max iphone there, so it shouldn't go anywhere

and about wireless carplay, limited doens't support that so every time I get in it's always plugged in can't test that

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
108 Posts
I agree with everything soldthetaco stated. I have the limited trim so the wireless android auto doesn't work. Honestly not a deal breaker since I really don't use anything other text message while driving which the limited still supports without having a physical connection. The actually charges the phone. It also fits large phone, I have the note 10 ultra and have room to spare. There's a little icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the infotainment screen that indicates the wireless charging is taking place.

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with everything soldthetaco stated. I have the limited trim so the wireless android auto doesn't work. Honestly not a deal breaker since I really don't use anything other text message while driving which the limited still supports without having a physical connection. The actually charges the phone. It also fits large phone, I have the note 10 ultra and have room to spare. There's a little icon that appears in the upper right hand corner of the infotainment screen that indicates the wireless charging is taking place.
Thank you, but does the phone charge the entire time it is placed on the pad or does it lose connectivity occasionally, indicated by a blinking light?

·
Registered
2022 White Santa Cruz Limited
108 Posts
Thank you, but does the phone charge the entire time it is placed on the pad or does it lose connectivity occasionally, indicated by a blinking light?
I haven't experienced that it has lost connection at any point. All know is that the phone is at 100 percent when I remove it from the charger. Not sure if it shuts off charging at 100 percent or does a trickle charge. Sorry I just haven't paid that close attention.

·
Registered
603 Posts
This low level magnetic coupling is very dependent on the exact alignment of the coils -- if off-center, the coupling strength falls off rapidly. Also, if anything (padding?) is between the phone and the charging coil.)

There are apps (search for "qi") that will tell the instantaneous charging strength. You could use one to make sure you have the phone in just the right spot. (Receiver coil in phone may be located well off-center.)

Reactions: Sparkland

·
Registered
329 Posts
Phone charges until full the entire time it's in the cradle (amber light = charging, blue light = full). Have dropped Android Auto wireless once in about six hours of drive time. Had to reboot my phone to get it to connect again, so maybe it was a phone issue.

·
Registered
153 Posts
mine charges without issue (iPhone 11 pro). Can't speak to wireless anroid auto/carplay as I have the Limited which only does wired.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL Premium AWD 2.5T Blue Stone
185 Posts
Can anyone who presently owns a SC with the wireless charging pad tell me if it:
  • Actually charges the phone or does it merely maintain the level of charge
  • It charges the phone.
  • Stays connected with the phone while driving or does it stop/start charging along the route
  • It stayed connected to the phone, charging continually.
  • Is able to perform the tasks of Apple Carplay and Android Auto consistently without dropping, while being connected wirelessly
  • It stayed connected to wireless Apple Carplay while charging.
Thank you in advance for the information. The reason I ask is because my brand new Ridgeline consistently loses connection with the charging pad, thereby causing the phone to discharge.

Going to get a look at my first Santa Cruz today.
I've discovered that I dislike Apple Carplay. It keeps taking over the infotainment system, causing me to have to repeatedly select Radio to listen to SiriusXM. I finally turned off Carplay and am much happier. I can always toggle it back on if I want to use it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine takes 5 minutes to charge 1%. I've moved it into different positions, no case and still nada.
I guess I'll go back to the usb cigarette port ☹

·
Registered
329 Posts
  • It charges the phone.

• It stayed connected to the phone, charging continually.

• It stayed connected to wireless Apple Carplay while charging.

I've discovered that I dislike Apple Carplay. It keeps taking over the infotainment system, causing me to have to repeatedly select Radio to listen to SiriusXM. I finally turned off Carplay and am much happier. I can always toggle it back on if I want to use it.
Android has an option on the phone to automatically resume media play on the car. I turned they off so it's manual resume on the radio Maybe Apple has the same option you can turn off.

·
Registered
Phantom Black Limited AWD
128 Posts
For those with the Limited, using wired ACP or AA, the connection also charges the phone. So no need to place it on the charging pad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts