Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what (approximately) it would cost to wrap a vehicle like the SC? Never had any wrapping done before, so I don't have any idea.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I’ve asked several different highly respected wrap installers in my area, and all said they same thing. There’s too many pieces with too much dimension, it will look bad, and likely peel easily. They all recommended “liquid wrap” (aka plasti-dip) or paint instead of vinyl wrap. I’ve got one guy that’s going to try wrapping just the silver “smile” or “mustache” that’s between the grill and the bumper for me. Was supposed to do it on Friday, but due to a scheduling conflict, and my heading out of town it’ll probably be a week or two before I get it done.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I’ve asked several different highly respected wrap installers in my area, and all said they same thing. There’s too many pieces with too much dimension, it will look bad, and likely peel easily. They all recommended “liquid wrap” (aka plasti-dip) or paint instead of vinyl wrap. I’ve got one guy that’s going to try wrapping just the silver “smile” or “mustache” that’s between the grill and the bumper for me. Was supposed to do it on Friday, but due to a scheduling conflict, and my heading out of town it’ll probably be a week or two before I get it done.
I was concerned about the same thing with the grill itself. Would be nice to wrap that "smile" piece. Keep us posted if you get it done and upload pics of how it comes out. Thanks.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Stinger GT2
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rough estimate is between $3000-$5000 depending on materials, how much you are wrapping, and the installer.
Yikes. I guess I expected about half that much.

The reason I asked is that I'm not thrilled with the flat colors on the SC, and wondered if it would be practical to wrap it in maybe a metallic color or something. But at those prices (which are close to a complete paint job!), I'll just accept the flat colors.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I was concerned about the same thing with the grill itself. Would be nice to wrap that "smile" piece. Keep us posted if you get it done and upload pics of how it comes out. Thanks.
I’m definitely getting it done, I just need to reschedule my appointment when I get back in town. Also probably going to wait until after the ceramic coating is fully cured so it can be properly washed again before installing the vinyl. It would’ve been nice if they could’ve done it all at the same time, but it just didn’t work out.

·
Registered
116 Posts

The reason I asked is that I'm not thrilled with the flat colors on the SC, and wondered if it would be practical to wrap it in maybe a metallic color or something. But at those prices (which are close to a complete paint job!), I'll just accept the flat colors.

Thanks for the info.
A good quality vinyl wrap job, that I would be happy with having on my brand new vehicle is definitely about the same price as a decent paint job. Some people are finding quotes for full-car “liquid wrap” (plastidip) for about half that, but I would never do full car liquid wrap on a brand new car.

·
Registered
2022 Sage Grey SC Ultimate
1,245 Posts
Plastidip will certainly be a cheaper option. At the price of a good wrap though ... I think I'd take a new vehicle in for a full paint job at a shop that knows what they're doing. Unless you like to change colors every couple of years. Then a wrap is a better way to go, albeit a very expensive one over time.

·
Registered
26 Posts

Thanks for the info.
I am getting my liquid wrapped not the cheap plastic dip but a high quality liquid wrap. It is costing me 1800.00 for it to have done. Though I am not wrapping the grill only where the paint is showing. Going from white to a color shifting blue

·
Registered
26 Posts
A good quality vinyl wrap job, that I would be happy with having on my brand new vehicle is definitely about the same price as a decent paint job. Some people are finding quotes for full-car “liquid wrap” (plastidip) for about half that, but I would never do full car liquid wrap on a brand new car.
plasti dip is a cheap version of a liquid wrap. You need to find a person who does higher quality of a liquid vinyl wrap. I am getting mine done should have mine by the end of this weekend

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am getting my liquid wrapped not the cheap plastic dip but a high quality liquid wrap. It is costing me 1800.00 for it to have done. Though I am not wrapping the grill only where the paint is showing. Going from white to a color shifting blue
Oh wow! Can't wait to see what that looks like! You know you have to post pics of it right? Good luck!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Oh, no, my friend. You don't get off quite that easily!
We expect close-ups from various angles of the details, and in varying light, as well. :)
I will post pics once I get it back. Should be Saturday evening or Sunday morning! I will probably have a video as well be I am sure the color changing angles will be needed to be shown by video vs pic

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz SEL (Ice White)
52 Posts
I will post pics once I get it back. Should be Saturday evening or Sunday morning! I will probably have a video as well be I am sure the color changing angles will be needed to be shown by video vs pic

Is it Sunday yet. ;) excited too see how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 29 Posts