Hyundai Santa Cruz Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my daily routine of driving by local Hyundai dealership, I noticed the 2 SEL bare bone SC still on the lot and in the showroom, it's been a week or so, and they moved a little so I'm guessing just test drives and no sales.

Today I got a bit more time and went to the parts and service area. A nice patient gentleman works there attended me. I told him I'd like to see what accessories as authorized dealer can order at this point for SC. He turned the monitor towards me and showed me the dealer's accessory order page. Just like the online shop for general public, everything is still coming soon, including the hitch.

I asked him when he thinks they'll be available, he gave me an estimate of mid October.
Just a heads up if you do need to tow, haul things on the roof, you might not have an OEM hitch for a while.
I'm keeping my current vehicle until the SC can be properly accessorized to suit me need, and then I'll consider sell it.

If you're postponing buying an SC due to limited stock and high price, more reason to do so now since I believe Hyundai really half assed this launch with no accessories and insurance can't verify VIN....

·
Registered
376 Posts
As my daily routine of driving by local Hyundai dealership, I noticed the 2 SEL bare bone SC still on the lot and in the showroom, it's been a week or so, and they moved a little so I'm guessing just test drives and no sales.

Today I got a bit more time and went to the parts and service area. A nice patient gentleman works there attended me. I told him I'd like to see what accessories as authorized dealer can order at this point for SC. He turned the monitor towards me and showed me the dealer's accessory order page. Just like the online shop for general public, everything is still coming soon, including the hitch.

I asked him when he thinks they'll be available, he gave me an estimate of mid October.
Just a heads up if you do need to tow, haul things on the roof, you might not have an OEM hitch for a while.
I'm keeping my current vehicle until the SC can be properly accessorized to suit me need, and then I'll consider sell it.

If you're postponing buying an SC due to limited stock and high price, more reason to do so now since I believe Hyundai really half assed this launch with no accessories and insurance can't verify VIN....
Trade in values are historically high, but will begin to drop off.

Are we sure Hyundai is to blame for the VIN lookup issue?

As for accessories, there are many available now.. hitches are already coming installed along with the bed extender etc.

The lost trade in value could be significant if you wait too long.

·
Registered
2022 Limited Blue Stone
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trade in values are historically high, but will begin to drop off.

Are we sure Hyundai is to blame for the VIN lookup issue?

As for accessories, there are many available now.. hitches are already coming installed along with the bed extender etc.

The lost trade in value could be significant if you wait too long.
I agree best time to sell is now, if trading in earns you more, might get an aftermarket etrailer hitch to make do until the OEM one's available

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree best time to sell is now, if trading in earns you more, might get an aftermarket etrailer hitch to make do until the OEM one's available
I hear that... I'm watching KBB trade values closely and they are starting to go down from the record highs... I agree... likely to purchase 3rd party break controlled when they come.. I see the HMA hitch w/ cable it $699... kind of high!!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Yes many of the accessories are listed as coming soon. For example nobody has seen the fender flares. This is what you get for being on the bleeding edge and buying a vehicle so new that the dealerships don't even know what it is. This is why I am in no rush... why be a guinea pig? Give it a few months. I plan to purchase in November and might even push to December if vehicle selection / inventory is still low. Never seen people so eagar to throw money at something.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Option TH Tow Hitch is $450. A 4-pin wire harness plug is already in place. 7-pin requires an additional harness.
And I believe that the 7 pin harness (for electric brake) is required to obtain the 5000# tow rating. I mean, sure it would would pull 5000# regardless of the 7 pin harness but I'm guessing the SC brakes are not going to be stopping 5000# all by themselves (at least safely).

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yes many of the accessories are listed as coming soon. For example nobody has seen the fender flares. This is what you get for being on the bleeding edge and buying a vehicle so new that the dealerships don't even know what it is. This is why I am in no rush... why be a guinea pig? Give it a few months. I plan to purchase in November and might even push to December if vehicle selection / inventory is still low. Never seen people so eagar to throw money at something.
You must have missed the Telluride and Jeep Rubicon releases. :p

·
Registered
77 Posts
7 pin is needed to tow over 1600lbs. Per Hyundai.
Well, thats ridiculous. So much for pumping up those 3500# and 5000# towing capacities when they only supply a 4 pin connector with the tow kit and make the 7 pin connector a dealer/aftermarket install (at least thats how I understand it to be based on the videos out there). I'd understand it a little bit when it comes to the 5000# towing capacity but needed to even get past 1600#? But I also get it... just another manufacturer out to make a buck.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I think the trailer brake deal is just a CYA lawyer thing. My Dakota has smaller brakes and I've towed 2,500lbs (granted in flat FL) for 20 years without a problem. My trailer doesn't even have brakes so is Hyundai going to buy me a new trailer? I think not. In FL anything under 3,000lbs doesn't require brakes. Anyway here is more info: The Official Santa Cruz Towing Thread

·
Registered
2021 Honda Ridgeline
417 Posts
I hear that... I'm watching KBB trade values closely and they are starting to go down from the record highs... I agree... likely to purchase 3rd party break controlled when they come.. I see the HMA hitch w/ cable it $699... kind of high!!
They certainly are - my 2017 Ridgeline value dropped $4K in the last week on Carvana.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts